SOME CLASSES LISTED ARE LATE IN THE BEE ORDERING SEASON. IF YOU WANT TO START BEES THIS SEASON AND HAVE THE BEST SELECTION, WE RECOMMEND ORDERING BEFORE MARCH.
Chillicothe, MO - February 15th, 2020 (Inclement weather date is February 22nd) - North Central Missouri Beekeeper's Association - Location: Livingston County Health Center training room, Time: Registration begins at 8:00, class begins at 8:30 AM., Instructors: Jim and Valerie Duever, Cost: $50 - price includes snacks and class materials. 4-H/FFA members $20 or free with a paying adult. There are several restaurants nearby for lunch or you may bring your own. To register please call Tammy (Crooked Hill Beekeeping) at (660) 214-0132. Seating is limited.
Warrensburg, MO - March 21st and 26th
Rolla, MO - Feb. 15th.
Missouri - Jim and Valerie Duever offer several clesses in partnership with the Columbia Area Career Center, the University of Missouri-Extension Offices and various beekeeping associations. Information on their upcoming classes can be found on their website.
Heavy pan with lid
Thermometer that reads up to 234 degrees
Disposable molds (foil or waxed paper lined plates or pie pans work well)
8 cups of sugar (4 pound bag of sugar)
2 cups of water
½ teaspoon white vinegar
(You can double the recipe to make about six 9” plates 1/2” deep)
1. Pour all ingredients into pan and bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
2. Cover and boil 5 minutes.
3. Insert candy thermometer and boil until temperature reaches 234 degrees.
4. Remove from heat and cool to 200 degrees.
5. Whip with electric mixer until mixture begins to turn white with air bubbles throughout.
6. Pour into molds and allow to cool undisturbed.
7. Store in a dry location or freezer