St. Jospeh, MO - January 19th, 2019 (9am - 5pm) - one day class - Cost $55 DUE TO A FORECASTED WINTER STORM, THIS CLASS HAS BEEN POSTPONED UNTIL JANUARY 26TH.
Macon, MO - February 9th, 2019 (Inclement weather date is February 16th) - North Central Missouri Beekeeper's Association - Location: Macon High School, Time: Registration begins at 8:00, class begins at 8:30 AM., Instructors: Jim and Valerie Duever, Cost: $60 - price includes a book (First Lessons in Beekeeping), snacks and class materials. There are several restaurants nearby for lunch or you may bring your own. To register please call Tammy (Crooked Hill Beekeeping) at (660) 214-0132. Seating is limited.
Columbia, MO - January 19th, 2019 (Inclement weather date is January 26th.) More information should be posted soon on the club website.
Missouri - Jim and Valerie Duever offer several clesses in partnership with the Columbia Area Career Center, the University of Missouri-Extension Offices and various beekeeping associations. Information on their upcoming classes can be found on their website.
Lee Summit, MO - February 23rd, 2019 - 7:30 to 4:30, $65
Heavy pan with lid
Thermometer that reads up to 234 degrees
Disposable molds (foil or waxed paper lined plates or pie pans work well)
8 cups of sugar (4 pound bag of sugar)
2 cups of water
½ teaspoon white vinegar
(You can double the recipe to make about six 9” plates 1/2” deep)
1. Pour all ingredients into pan and bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
2. Cover and boil 5 minutes.
3. Insert candy thermometer and boil until temperature reaches 234 degrees.
4. Remove from heat and cool to 200 degrees.
5. Whip with electric mixer until mixture begins to turn white with air bubbles throughout.
6. Pour into molds and allow to cool undisturbed.
7. Store in a dry location or freezer